Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Thing #7

Like many others have said in their #7 post all the things that Google offers are amazing. I did set up a few Google Alerts and my Google Calendar. I have just started playing with Google Earth and already can tell it can eat up hours of time. I can see the instructional benefits of both Google Alert and Google Earth. I think the Alerts would be useful with current events and weather. Google Earth can allow for virtual fieldtrips to anywhere. I think the key with Google Earth is that teachers need to spend time playing with it first before they try to teach with it.

2 comments:

  1. I don't use Google Calendar but I love my Google home page - I can' t imagine life without it any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you put tags at the end of each of your blogs.....I have got to learn how to do that

    ReplyDelete