Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thing #11

I only have one question... why did I not know about this before? I am such a connoisseur of books. I am always reading several books. I try to make sure one is a professional development book and then at least on "just for fun" book. I have several authors who's blogs I follow. I will often find recommendations for other books on their blogs. The thing I really liked about LibraryThing was that it would make suggestions of books for me based on other books I have read. I will admit I did not put any of the professional development books on my list but I will get to that eventually. I am sure that adding some of my PD books to the list will add some of that type to my recommends list. I did explore the groups a little bit and found a few that looked good. I can already tell this is going to be a frequently visited site for me. Thanks to 23 things for making me aware of it :)

3 comments:

  1. Isn't this one fun - I don't give it nearly the attention I should (so many sites, so little time). Another one I like is Paperbackbookswap.com - great way to get "free" books and find homes for books I don't want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! How I didn't know about this earlier is beyond me. What a useful tool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know! I wondered how this site has never come to my attention before this. This is going to be so helpful in keeping myself organized.

    ReplyDelete